27 Jan 2014

Best of Last Week.

It's Monday again and my day off so time to tell you the best booze I've had over the last week.

Camden - USA Unfiltered Hells Lager, 4.6% (Keg).

I keep hearing only bad things about Camden recently but I am very glad I went for half of the USA hopped version of Hells. Served on keg, unfiltered, it was just what every lager should taste like. In a world of half arsed, crap, boring lagers this tasted like a dream. Straight to the Top 5 lagers I have ever tasted but it will never beat BrewDog/8 Wired Dog Wired as the best lager I have ever tasted. But good effort Camden.

Tapped Brewing Co. - Mojo, 3.6% (Keg)

Another unfiltered keg from Sheffield Tap given as a free sample during the 100th brew celebration night. Packed with fresh tropical fruit flavours, untouched by fish guts it shines as a great session pale ale that I could happily drink on a hot day that we might get this summer, with any luck.

Marble - Earl Grey IPA, 6.8% (Bottle)

An incredibly strong aroma of Earl Grey that almost tricks you into just being really floral hops. With a slight sweetness that is quickly pushed out by a long dry finish.

Northern Monk - New World IPA, 6.2% (Bottle)

Stunning IPA and my first beer from Northern Monk, more of this sort of thing please.

That's it till next week, hope the beers are good.

I'll be back in the week when the writers blog has gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment