20 Jan 2014

Best of Last Week.

It's Monday again so time to let you all know about the best booze I have tasted in the last week.

Siren Craft Brewery - Whiskey Sour IPA, 10.2%

My first time drinking a beer from Siren so I went all out and spent over £6 on this special edition. They take their Lemoncello IPA and age it in a Bourbon Barrel as a tribute to the Whiskey Sour cocktail. An amazing mix of sweet and sour lemon with a hint of oak, smoke and Bourbon.

BrewDog - Old World India Pale Ale, 7.5%

BrewDog seem to have gone in a new direction with this Old World IPA and the (yet to be tasted) Imperial Russian Stout but they have pulled it off so well. Thick, smooth and full of amazing hop flavours, I was suprised to find it is fully English hopped. With beautiful art on the label of a 1800's sea adventure. If IPA's started like this then the East India Trading Company had it good! Sign me up!

Pressure Drop - Bosko IPA, 6.5%

Wonderful zesty grapefruit aromas and flavours lead to a morish dry and bitter finish.
Pressure Drop are a must try for pale ales.

Marble Beers - Lagonda IPA, 5%

No idea why I left it this long to try Marble but I'm glad this was my first beer from them. Straight into the top 5 beers of the year and it's only the 20th of Jan. I feel it will be hard to beat.

The Kernel Brewery - Double 4C, 9.6%

Too good to put into words, Kernel's Double IPA's are outstanding. A must try for hopheads.

Brixton Brewery - Reliance Pale Ale, 4.2%

Brixton Brewery are very quickly becoming my favourite London brewery, Reliance is everything a Pale Ale should be. Tropical fruit and zesty citrus on a very light malt base make for the perfect session beer.

Come back next monday for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment